To empty these cans, it is important to open the safety valve or to puncture the can. Aerosol cans containing compressed gases or liquids, especially when these substances are flammable, toxic, or corrosive, should only be punctured under strictly controlled conditions. Emptying aerosol cans at facilities authorized under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act allows for the collection and destruction of active ingredients prior to the recycling or disposal of the cans.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Introductory knowledge of aerosol products
- Aerosol Can Management
- What are aerosol cans and who generates them?
- Environmental Concerns
- Determining if Aerosol Cans are Hazardous Waste
- Managing and Disposing as Hazardous Waste
- Puncturing Cans and Recycling
- Management of Waste Aerosol Cans by Business an...
- Aerosol product production process
- Legal Framework and Waste Classification
- Recyclable/Waste Management Options
- AEROBAL also optimistic about future developments
- Chinese aerosol hope and crisis coexist in 2018
- How Well Do You Know Your Aerosol Products?
- Principle of aerosol can
- Use and scope of portable oxygen tank